Plumbers Welfare Fund, Local 130 U.A. (“Active Plan”) Effective June 1, 2020.
The Board of Trustees of the Plumbers’ Welfare Fund, Local 130 U.A. (“Active Plan”) are pleased to inform you that they have made improvements to the Active Plan.
Active Plan Changes
The Plumbers’ Welfare Fund, Local 130 U.A., which governs benefits for “active employees,” has been changed in the following ways:
- Increased Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) benefits - The amount being credited to your HRA account will increase by $.15 per hour to $1.00 per hour.
- Lasik Surgery Benefits - Effective June 1, 2020, the Plan will cover Lasik Surgery treatment for up to $1000 lifetime for covered Employees and their Dependents.
- Coverage of Service Provided by Certified Nurse Midwives - Effective June 1, 2020, the Active plan will cover inpatient services provided by a Certifies Nurse Midwife who is licensed to practice by the State of Illinois.
- Prescription Safety Glasses - Effective June 1, 2021, the Active Plan is providing you up to $200 per year to purchase prescription safety glasses for your job from the Vision Center and under the new Luxottica Industrial Eyes Safety Eyewear Program. This $200 limit is separate from the routine EyeMed vision benefit. You are responsible for payment of amounts over the $200 annual limit.
- Maternity Disability Leave Benefit - Effective January, 2022 a new Maternity Leave Disability Benefit is available to eligible female Union members who are actively working for a Contributing Contractor. The benefit is paid at a rate of $1,200 per week for 13 weeks after the birth of the child. If the members must stop working for a Contributing Contractor because of a Disability related to childbirth, the member will be credited 40 hours per week up to a maximum of six months for any one period of Disability.
- Incentive to Complete Annual Physical at the Wellness Center - Effective January 1, 2022, a $200 contribution will be made to a participant’s HRA account for members and spouses upon completion of an annual physical at a Wellness Center location during the same calendar year, you will receive a $400 contribution to the participant’s HRA account ($200 each). The HRA contribution is limited to one physical exam per calendar year.