Plumbers Welfare Fund, Local 130 U.A. (“Active Plan”) Effective June 1, 2015.
The Board of Trustees of the Plumbers’ Welfare Fund, Local 130 U.A. (“Active Plan”) are pleased to inform you that they have made improvements to the Active Plan.
Active Plan Changes
The Plumbers’ Welfare Fund, Local 130 U.A., which governs benefits for “active employees,” has been changed in the following ways:
- Increased Dental Benefits - The dental benefit’s annual maximum was increased from $3,500 to $4,000.
- Increased vision benefits - The vision benefit allowance for eyeglasses and contacts was increased from $300 to $350.
- Increased Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) benefits - The amount being credited to your HRA account will increase by $.15 per hour to $..65 per hour.
- Increased chiropractor benefits - The amount of the annual chiropractor maximum will increase from $1,500 to $2,000.
- New debit cards available to use for HRA-eligible expenses - Starting June 1, 2015, debit cards reflecting your HRA account balance will be issued to all eligible Plan participants. The debit cards will be administered through TASC DirectPay system. The amount available through your card will reflect the current unused credits to your HRA. You will not receive a card until you have earned initial eligibility under the Plan. Additionally, if you lose eligibility under the Plan, you generally will not be able to access allocations to the HRA made with respect to hours worked after your loss of eligibility until such time as you regain eligibility. Once you lose eligibility you will not be able to use your debit card but you will be able to submit paper claims for dates of service prior to losing eligibility under the Plan, (However, you can continue to access HRA contributions allocated with respect to hours worked before you lost eligibility by submitting paper claims). If you lose active eligibility and elect COBRA, you will continue to accrue additional credits to your HRA account and will have immediate access to those contributions. (Your rights, if any, to COBRA under the HRA will be explained in the COBRA Election Notice that is provided following a loss of eligibility.) You will not be entitled to any earnings (such as interest) on the money credited to the HRA, nor will you be subject to losses. You should have received materials from TASC in the mail which further describe the process by which you use your HRA debit cards. If you haven’t, please contact the Welfare Funds office at 312-226-5000.